Ballet is a type of performance dance that originated in the Italian Renaissance courts of the 15th century and later developed into a concert dance form in France and Russia. It has been globally influential and has defined the foundational strategies used in many other dance genres.
In the Philippines, The Halili-Cruz School of Ballet is one of the best thus awarded as the “Most Outstanding Ballet School in Asia” from 2000 to the present. The school has successfully represented the Philippines in different international festivals and competitions in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Brunei, South Korea, Russia, England and the USA.
The achievements of the Halili-Cruz School of Ballet are under the leadership of its founder, multi-awarded Artistic Director, Shirley Halili-Cruz and with the strong support of the equally outstanding members of the Artistic Team who are passionately teaching and guiding the students. They are Grace Garalde-Perez, Anna Kathrina Halili Cruz-Bueno.
To date the Halili-Cruz School of Ballet has garnered more than 300 national and international awards and prizes, among them are:
· Hall of Fame, Aliw Award as Best Classical Dance Company in the Philippines
· 8- time Ani ng Dangal Awardee for its international achievements
· People’s Choice as the Most Outstanding Performing Group
· Grand Prize Winner in the Asia Pacific Dance Competition in Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Philippines
· Grand Prize Winner in the 21st Century International Dance and Arts Festival and Competition in Genting Highlands, Malaysia
· First Prize in the Dance Excellence in Los Angeles, California, USA
· Global Excellence Award in Bangkok, Thailand
· Best Performance in classical and contemporary dance in the Bauhinia Cup International Dance Competition in Hongkong
· Global Pinoy Award
Becoming a ballet dancer requires years of training. Ballet has been taught in various schools around the world, which have historically incorporated their own cultures to evolve the art.
For more info. Contact TAG Media and Public Relations at 09166299381 or firstname.lastname@example.org