What comes into your mind when you hear the word SPA?
First thing that comes to mind is relaxation. I picture a spa as something serene and tranquil. A place with a zen ambiance with a smell of fragrance oil. It reminds me of yellow lights and wood fixtures. However, there is a different side to it too.
I spent an hour at the JAB HOUSE OF ZEN Holistic Center on a Monday morning after a tiring weekend. The place wasn’t hard to find actually. Situated at Unit 303 150 Corporate Tower, Panay Ave., Quezon City, it is a few buildigs away from EDSA and just beside the ABS-CBN compound.
I was so excited because I needed a relaxing break. On our briefing, we were given a brief explanation on the process of the alternative medicine and what treatments would be done for the day. I was looking forward for the eye spa too. We were then escorted to the treatment room and were asked to lie down on the bed.
The first treatment was the eye spa. At first I thought that the eye spa would be just like massaging our eyes and putting cucumber or something. But then, no, the treatment made me feel a bit uneasy because they’d have to put eye drops and a safe liquid that will enable them to see the bacteria that they will have to remove. It was uneasy because I wasn’t used to the eye drops because I have only used them once in my entire life. However, after the nitty gritty details of the treatment, the therapist showed me the bowl where she placed the bacteria. It was a thread-like thing and I realized now that it was really hard to get it off my eyes. She demonstrated how the bacteria would react by pouring a bit of alcohol on the bowl. My eyes looked like they were glowing. It felt really clean.
Next for the treatment was the nose spa. Again with the word spa. Got me really confused there. The procedure was that they would be putting something on my nose, some sort of liquid solution. I was supposed to hold my breath and when I’m ready to snort and sneeze out the liquid, I did what I was told. After the sneezing and the spitting out of phlegm, I felt that my nose was really clean and flushed out of left over dirt and I was able to breath really well. It was not the spa I’ve known about then but it was really effective. The sinus has some foreign object and dirt that regular cleaning won’t be able to flush out but this nose spa helps a lot in removing those that are left behind, making your airflow better.
The last treatment was one of the things I’m looking forward too. It was said that after a rigorous sport, after beating up some muscle or a tiring day, having the Spine Alignment Therapy was a sure fire way to remove the fatigue of our bodies. The process was just like stretching and a bit of a massage but it’s focused on the spine. After the Spine Alignment my posture seemed to improve and also I feel a bit relaxed. The fatigue improved and when I got home I was able to sleep soundly and uninterrupted.
I recommend you guys to try their services. You won’t regret it.
Hotline: (02) 412-3796 // 0915-4668208
Here are the services they offer:
- Cupping Therapy– an ancient Chinese form of alternative medicine in which a local suction is created on skin, to mobilize blood flow to promote healing.
- Spine Alignment– The intention of chiropractic adjustment is to effect or correct alignment, motion and/or functionof a vertebral joint.
- Eye Spa– Removes dark circles, puffiness, relieve swollen eyes, erase wrinkles, and fine lines around the eyes. Removes worms and parasites within your eyes.
- Nose Spa– Unique treatment for rhinitis, sinusitis and nose polyps. This enables sufferers of sinus & nasal disease to safely and effectively cleanse their cavity and sinuses with a simple solution.
- Ear Spa– Natural and non-invasive procedure that helps to alleviate the painful effects of headaches, sinus conditions, allergies, vertigo as well as minor hearing loss due to excessive earwax buildup.
- Zen Laser Acupuncture– a form of acupuncture proven to be safe and effective. It speeds the repair of tissues, reduces swelling, increasing blood flow, increase lymphatic activity, reduces inflammation and increases cellular metabolism.
- Zen Magnetic Therapy– Applies magnetic field- either static or pulsed that activates the body’s natural electromagnetic impulses to assist healing, provide pain relief and support optimal health.
- Throat Therapy– We tailor your care to include advance therapies that give you the highest chance for successful treatment while keeping the ability to eat, speak, and to live a healthy normal lifestyle.
- Needle Acupuncture– form of alternative medicine commonly used for pain relief, though it is also used to treat a wide range of conditions such as musculoskeletal problems.
- Nerve Therapy– a non invasive therapy that uses low voltage electrical current for pain relief. The electrodes are often placed on the area of pain or at a pressure point, creating a circuit of electrical impulses that travels along nerve fibers.
- Foot Reflexology– Helps us relax, improves blood circulation and lowers blood pressure, prevents foot and ankle injuries, relieves headaches and migraines, alleviate symptoms of PMS and menopause, and reduces edema.
- Full Body Massage Therapy– Offers multiple benefits, both physical and psychological. It eases muscle pain, improves sleep pattern, boost immune system, and reduces stress, anxiety and depression.